Friday, January 9, 2009

music is a gift from God

As I was cleaning and organizing like a mad woman today, I put in this cd I have only listened to a couple of times a long time ago-valley of vision by Sovreign Grace- and this song came on and I had to stop and replay it b/c the words were what I needed. All of the verses are great, but I am not going to type them here..but they each end with this line

"Jesus you stripped me of everything I depend on so that I would depend on You" then the chorus "In you alone my strength is found, in You alone my hope abounds, In You alone my strength is found, my life is bound up in You"

What a great reminder that it is God who gives and takes away and we don't understand but he provides grace enough for every trial and maybe just maybe He knows what He is doing in removing the crutch that He provided me to teach me to rely on Him for everything. Mike was my teacher, my comforter, my accountablity, my first love- but God is all that and I should love Him so much more than I do Mike. He is able to fulfill all the roles Mike did and more in a perfect way that Mike couldn't. So....just a reminder that all this world offers in great friends, lovers, pets, and great stuff is all fleating, but God's love and grace are eternal- and eternity is constant! So enjoy all that God has given you as a gift from Him but know that in the end it is only Him that really matters and what is done for Him that will last-bind your life up in HIM.

Micah had warned me earlier in the day that I needed to watch my stress level as he had pulled a huge chunk of hair out of the drain-yes my hair is falling out agian and no I am not sleeping. is this b/c I am depending on Christ or me? Pray that I would keep my focus on Him and not be wonder woman and try to do it on my own.

PS - if you have this cd listen to it. Every song is amazing! #1 just played while typing-really good!

2 comments:

aj said...

AMEN!!! God is all we need. Praying for you and your lovely hair.. Don't stress... Give God the rest. Give him everything and wait and trust in his perfection.

Unknown said...

i have to agree that valley of vision is one of the best they have made. great cd! i'm glad you rediscovered it. keep looking to Jesus! praying for you