Thursday, August 28, 2008

Busy last day of summer!

Today is my last day of summer here in Carson before I go back to work & school & all the other real life things that I have ignored for the last month!! So very sad, but today I got stuff done!!! Today began with an hour and a half swim with my swimming pals John & Ed- it was a really tough workout and my body was sore from yesterdays biking adventure. I then returned home to give my boys baths- not an easy or quick task, but they now are soft and smell like coconut!! and best of all are not all dusty(that will last a day) I also sprayed the yard to elliminate or at least minimize the bugs(fleas) as to prevent iching on my babies.Then I was off to the gym, but along the way I pick up the boys advantage medicine(the extra good kind according to the vet and I handed him my credit card). then i worked out! It was tough but I feel good after many crunches, lunges, squats, overhead presses, pull ups and pushups. Yea for muscles! Anyways I then drove to the Doctors office to give my blood-yuk- then it was off to the chiropractor to pay my bill from the accident so agian I handed over my credit card and mentally took a deep breath. I then drove accross the street to the store and bought some popcycles Dryers all natural no sugar added- only 30 calories and taste really good!!! Not even counted as a cheat! Then I drove home, ate lunch, packed, and called Mikes ER doctor's office and agian handed over my credit card number and pain that bill finally. I had put all my accident bills on a shelf last year in hopes I think that they would disappear. Since that didn't happen I finally looked through them agian and dealt with them-I am reading a book on loss (one of many) and I am not ashamed of grieving it's just I dont like the feeling of it, so parts of it you don't face unless you have to. In the book it says that the length of time you grieve and the amount of pain you feel is directly related to the strength tied to what you lost. I guess I am still hurting becuase I loved him alot (in case any of you doubted this with are joking) So I guess I should expect to feel waves of pain here and there for a while longer even if I don't want to. In a few minutes I will head to the airport to go visit Dawn (pray for me & her) it will be a rough weekend as it is the weekend Mike proposed 6 years ago. We acctually celebrated that day every year. This year will hopefully be easier than last year. I put my engagement ring away last year and well I guess that was big step in realizing the reality that I am not married anymore, which is alright because it is part of God's plan whether I understand or not I need to trust and accept His will for my life. (thats not easy most days) So.........I am going on a jet plane and I will maybe be back on Monday with just enough time to prepare to go to The Beach..that is CSULB, and work. i just pray that this weekend will be fun and conversation will be good and that Christ would shine through me and Dawn and Matt would see HIM. So Happy long weekend to you all! I know this is going to be a difficult weekend for some of you and know that you are in my prayers. May God's will be done in your lives as well as mine, even when it doesn't make sense or feel good to us or those around us! Not sure I will have access to a computer so this maybe it until monday!

No comments: