Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Look! I'm joining the techy world too!

I am not sure about this blogging thing, since I am not very good at journaling we will see how long this lasts. But for now I thought I would try it, it might be good for me as Astrid tried to convince me on our day in La Jolla. (she did very well on the kayak by the way all 800 miles of our paddle). So today on my bike ride (yes I am preparing for a triathalon so I am trying to get used to riding on it) I thought I would let you know what I have been up to in my training both spiritual and personal. On the personal side, today I swam for an hour and 20 minutes with Ed and John who are two older men who swim in my lane who for whatever reason enjoy talking with me, I think I provide entertainment with my lack of skills, but they are friendly and encourage me. Then I went for a healthy breakfast- oatmeal(not a fan still) banana, and an egg(agian not a fan) to celebrate POPS birthday. Then I saddled up for a bike ride from Redondo Beach to Marina Del Rey. A pretty ride, then headed back the same route for fear that deviation from the path would get me lost and that would mean a longer ride. So about an hour and a half later I returned to my car and my arms not my butt or my legs were tired- go figure. Yea a swim and bike ride!! I did good on my diet today too! for those who are curious it was peach for a morning snack, chicken and salad for lunch, banana & peanut butter for snack, chicken & salad for dinner, and sorbet for dessert! pretty good although I missed one afternoon snack and need to drink a lot of water tonight to make up for my lack of drinking earlier in the day! Tonight I am going to get back into Phil. while I was in San Diego I was convicted while reading chapter 2 about many things-1st to do all things with proper motives which I have a lot to consider in this area, just why do I do things good and bad. 2nd- to do all things without grumbling or complaining! what a challenge my heart needs work lately well all the time but esspecially recently it seems so... 3rd- Paul writes workout your salvation, I got to thinking that I can jog at a 10 minute mile pace for an hour, but it is not a workout it is just going through the motions, to really work my muscles and make them stronger I need to sweat and sprint and dig deep, and so it is in our spiritual lives If I am just on cruise control going through the motions, I am not working out I am simply maintaining. I need to be digging deep into God's word and applying it. This working out means I will hurt, my muscles (namely my heart) will hurt and it might be hard, but it is the only way to really workout! So although I avoid it lately because it hurts and I am not happy with my life it is really the only way that I will be able to get happy or at least content and be able to do things without grumbling or complaining. This is really long so I will stop for now. Dig deep in God's word and give your spiritual life a real workout!

2 comments:

leililan said...

digging deep with Jesus!!! in His big backyard!

Unknown said...

So good to see you here!!!