Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Dana College homecoming

I went back to Dana where I hadn't been in ten years. WOW that is a long time. While at Dana I had my share of good and not so good times. The best part of college were my friends. Who were more like family than I realized at the time. So Friday night we got together and hung out. It really didn't seem like 10years had passed as we seemed to pick up right where we left off. This is the group. top row: Shane is holding his son Brecken, Matt, me, Big Daddy Holtam (Ryan), bottom row are Deneen, Janelle holding Evelyn, Lindsay holding Kailey, and Allison
I could tell you a million stories about each one in the group but I know it would only entertain me.
This is what I woke up to on Saturday morning. SNOW! oh the joy of living outside cali. Seasons happen although this was the earliest it has snowed in Nebraska in 22 years. so I still wore my flips! not much changes in 10 years

Kailey had fun building snowmen with the snow. She is so cute! Lindsay and Craig are great parents!

The football field where there was a game going on however just like when I was a student we didn't watch much of the game. Rather I went exploring the really nice new gym and athletic facility they have built since I left.

look Im still in building. I found pics from when i was there. can you find me?



Saturday night they had a beer garden, funny thing is the campus was and is a dry campus so this picture is pretty funny to have Dana college cups with beer in them leagally, and no Lindsay and I still not drinkers agian somethings dont change.

Janelle and I


We convinced an RA to let us back into Holling hall where most of us had lived at one point in our four years at Dana. She had been in homecoming court and well so had Allison, Deneen, and Shane so thus the picture op.

Sunday morning we went to Chapel where Shane preached. Ok some things do change in 10 years as I would have never guessed that Shane would be a pastor. He did a great job.


We then went and had brunch which reminded me of the cafeteria food that I had gained so much weight from over my four years there, but during the brunch people who had been in chorale sang and once agian for some reason my friends in college musically tallented and I am there to listen in awe.
The rest of the afternoon was spent talking with Lindsay which was great. I had such a great weekend. I didn't realize how much I missed my friends until you see them agian and then are forced to leave them yet agian. God truly blessed me with them while at Dana.











1 comment:

The Paulsens said...

We had an awesome time, huh!?!! I hope we only have to wait 5 years for that reunion again. And I'd better see you before then :) Love ya.