Sunday, November 22, 2009

joy of service

Today was the Thanksgiving pot luck at church. Anyone who knows me knows how much I really do not like pot lucks. However in the last few years (at least 5) I have been in the kitchen for most of the time making sure the food is hot and put out and organized and that we don't run out until everyone is fed (stuffed). In the last year I have taken a step back from ministries at the church but today jumped back in and felt so good. Tired and dehydrated but I truly enjoyed serving in this small way. It was just a reminder of how God blesses us when we choose to serve him no matter how the service looks, big or small. I am slowly living life agian, not for me hopefully but for Him perhaps cleaning dishes and reheating dishes is a start. I have so much to be thankful for. Today Im thankful for the ability to serve.

1 comment:

leililan said...

thank you for making sure i stayed full! fat-girl-shuffle, here we come!