Saturday, November 1, 2008

convicting words

"If you give yourself to the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then your light will rise in darkness and your gloom will become like midday. And the Lord will continually guide you, and satisfy your desire in scorched places, and give strength to your bones; and you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water whose waters do not fail" (Isaiah 58:10-11).

I was convicted by this verse today. I want nothing more lately than to shut the world out & be alone. I don't want to talk to anyone, I really have fought hard to get up each morning this past week, I would like just to sleep which is a wierd thing for me. But this verse says that we are to give ourselves to those who need us. If we do then our light will rise in darkness and your gloom will become like midday-not only will my darkness be made light, God will guide me and satisfy my desire in the burned places and give me strength not only that He will make me like a watered garden (no cactus here). So perhaps this last month has been so incredibly hard and dark because I have closed off and not been tending to others. As hard as it is for me right now pray that God will bring me people to give myself to, that I would see them, and know how to minister to them. May this also encourage you to do the same! We all should be like well watered gardens and bring some beauty to this barren world around us. So give (or continue to give) yourself to others!!

No comments: