Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Copper update..not for the faint hearted

Last night was a really long night. Copper had difficulty breathing, gasping for air, he was not able to close his mouth, his heart was racing, he kept choaking and at around 3am I thought I would have to take him to emergency. His throat continued to leave marks around the house but at around 3:30 am he went outside and came back in and laid down. I fell asleep for a few hours and Thankfully this morning he was doing better but I still made the apt. at the vet. He was so normal today full of energy so I was not excited to take him to the vet but trusted that if he the vet said he needed to be put down I would be alright with that, and if not he could tell me how to help Copper should he repeat last nights symptoms. So I took him for one last car ride, one last walk at the beach, one last walk around the vet.... this led to him and I sitting in the vet's office and his neck leaking all over the place not just dripping but really gross puddles forming around him and I, which I figured was confirmation that he needed to be put down, however the vet looked at him and it turns out that the lump is an abses on top of the lympnode which could be related to the cancer. It needed to be drained although he squeezed it and it drained all over the floor it needs deeper drainage so he put in a shunt to allow it to drain. Copper had to stay at the vet but will (if God wills) come home tomorrow. He will be on 2 types of antibiotics and hopefully that will take care of the ooosing lump. I will have to take him back to the vet on Friday to remove the drain and we will go from there. So agian I thank you for your prayers. I will keep you posted.

No comments: