Monday, March 16, 2009

a note from Copper

Ok I am sorry I have not bloged (if that is a real word) in a while. But if I had it would have been depressing for all who read this(the last few weeks have not been the greatest). But since my very cheery friend Leilani said I didn't blog the good news about Copper I figured I should ask him to blog for you.

Thank you for your prayers. I had to stay at the vet overnight which was scary and I really missed my mom and brother. In the morning they put me to sleep and put a drain in. I couldn't see it and as hard as I try I couldn't lick it, my mom was glad about that. I had to stay inside 5 whole days and be seperated from my brother who barked at my drain and who was upset that he could not play with me. After day 3 I went back to the vet-he's nice but I don't like that place, and he took the drain out. The swelling on my neck has gone down, but my mom can still feel it a little and my lymphnodes are inflamed on both sides, but the size of golf balls not softballs. I am still on meds which I don't like to eat so mom has to find people food to wrap them in which I enjoy but in her fridge its hard to come by. PopPop helped out a lot letting me out to use the grass while mom was working. Pray for her because wherever she goes to work she comes back looking stressed out. But tonight she took us boys for a walk and we did great except Sam he tried to use the grass and mom didn't have a bag so mom made a run for the house in hopes he wouldn't do it. It was funny to watch. I will talk to my mom about letting me blog more, I really have a lot to say!!! Thanks for praying I am feeling much better, but still have cancer so pray that I fight it and that my mom will be alright when God takes me out of this world. I know that I have been a support to her and I love her alot and I know she is going to miss me. But I also know that she/we have great friends who will be a great support when bad things happen just like 2 years ago. I know the time is near b/c mom is way emotional and I have had many tears to lick up the last few weeks as she dreds the date, but I know you are praying and hopefully I will be well to be here to lick her and make her smile that day too!
Thanks agian.
Copper

3 comments:

leililan said...

i love you copper!! i wish you were nicer to little dogs, or else rubi would be your new bestie!

~leilani~

1danblu said...

Dear Copper,
I'm really thankful for God's mercy to you and your mom. As I pray for you both, I remember that God is kind even when things are hard. I hope you drain well and heal (in the health sense, not the obey when walking sense). It's nice to see that your mom encourages you to write notes, but if she wants you to scrapbook, draw the line there. I'm glad you're such a good friend to your mom. God will bless you for it (Rev 5:13), I know He will.

Unknown said...

Oh Copper, it's so good to hear from you! So glad you are feeling better. A lot of my other friends are pretty happy for you too. I wish I could have seen your mom and brother running for the house. That must have been pretty funny!! Keep licking mom. She likes it lots. You are so good for her!