Monday, August 24, 2009

heaps of wildlife

Today was wildlife day. We drove to this island and saw the biggest pelicans ever really bigger than most of you reading this. then off to a farm where there were cows (hairy ones), new born goats and lambs (3 days old), horses, sheep (ready to be sheered), big goats and varriety of birds. Then off to Koala park. Lots of pictures for Leilani (its against the law to touch them, so no pics of me holding them) but one with a baby too cute and others hanging on for dear life at the tops of these trees with monster winds swinging them every which way there were also wallabies there too. Then off to penguin parade. Its a beach where these penguins nest and at night they come on shore, too cute. they are the fairy penguins so they are tiny and they come in little groups talking to each other its like watching people interact. Anyways photos forbiden so you'll have to take my word for it the cutest thing ever. ONly down fall so cold, litterally i was wearing 3 shirts,1 scarf, 3 jackets (all with hoods that I wore at the same time) and still was numb and looking fabulous(you could only see my eyes, hehe)!! Tomorrow not sure but they are going to make me a traditional polish dinner cabbage roll of some sort. Never had cooked cabbage so we will see. then wed i leave for the gold coast. I only have a place to stay the first night Im there so pray I find something for the other 3 nights.

5 comments:

leililan said...

if you really loved me, you would have gotten one of each animal for me.....
and, you should have worn 2 scarves!

aj said...

awww critter fun. can't wait to see the pics

Unknown said...

oh cooked cabbage is interesting. one of my grandma's favorites...yeah :)

The Paulsens said...

Sounds like an incredible trip - love it!

1danblu said...

I'm glad you had a great trip!
And I LOVE pelicans!! And that means love.