Sunday, August 23, 2009

Melborne

Im in Melborne now which is in the south part of Australia. I am staying with a family who are fabulous. Thier daughter Olivia came to the states last January and well ended up at my house. Small world Im at her's and could not be happier. Her parents are from Polland and well perhaps that will be my next trip. They are so nice. I am however glad I am only here for a few days as the amount of yummy food I have eaten just today I will be 500 pounds in no time. The dad Max is a chef- cakes!! but made a fabulous dinner (not to mention breakfast of odd meats which Chris or any of my carnivorous friends would have loved) chicken and cheese potatoes and amazing vegitables- it is so nice to eat home cooking after 2 weeks of eating out! and also had amazing wine. I know I don't drink but really it was so good! then came dessert Stasi made this amazing almond cake tonight this fabulous coffee cake this morning (slight variation from the one my mom makes if any of you have had hers really good) so I asked for the recipes. SO when I get home I am going to try to convert the measurements of a "little of this" and "well like half of this cup of that" and 200g of butter into a cake that tastes hopefully like the one she made. I want to ask about the chicken too, really the best chicken ever and I have eaten a ton of chicken in my life. Anyways This meal was after a day that we picked up Olivia's god daughter Charlie who is 3 and went on an old steam train through the country side and rainforest then we stopped at a park and watched wild kangaroos eat just before sunset. Oh 3 year olds. So much fun no matter where they live. Cute and amazingly she loved me straight away. Fun day nice to be in a family environment. Tomorrow off to Philip Island hope it doesn't rain. It was cold today and I sent my big coat home with Libby so I hope not to freeze, and I hope my pants are dry, Stazi insisted she wash some of my clothes so I now have a few clean pairs only they don't dry things so hope is was windy enough today to dry them. Great people God has provided amazingly for my needs.

2 comments:

leililan said...

yay for new food! yay for clean pants!

Anonymous said...

grateful that God has provided people to keep you company