Friday, July 9, 2010

latest workouts

Ok so since Resolved I have not been too consist ant with workouts. I ran Sunday at Resolved which was a nice 90 degree run, sweat ed like i was a dude that day, then I ran tues a 6ish prayer run which felt great. Then holiday time I did work up a sweat on Saturday playing smash ball at the beach it helps when two competitive people play and you try to hit it so they have to run for it every time :) then the 4th just a lot of mouth exercise in chewing yummy food, Monday was a casual hike with the O'Roarks second edition.Then Tuesday July 6th (when it was freezing and misting) when the swim workout was all drills, this is where you are working on stroke technique by isolating one part of it- mainly I try to avoid drowning and realize just how bad of a swimmer I am. Then wed and Thursday took off in honor of Leilani's b-day. (truthfully there is no swimming on wed and Thursday I didn't hear the alarm and depression set in I think, but I think it sounds better if celebrating is the reason) So today Fri I was back in the water today again drill work but for those of you who want to improve your stroke here are the drills

kick set first
2X 100 M flutter kick (25 on your right side, 25 on your left side, 25 on your front, 25 on your back)
4X50 breast stroke kick
Fast lanes did this twice through

drill set
I have blocked it out of my mind i think. but we swam butterfly alternating right arm and left arm never using both-drowning!! then backstroke with pinky, thumb, pinky synchronized swimming arms (I was voted best in my lane on this one) then breast stroke arms w/butterfly kick, then catchup free (you wait until you clap hands in front before your next stroke begins.
Seriously I have no idea what the distance was just know wait wait i remember it was 12 X 50M three of each stroke yea I was awake this morning. Seriously though I am not a fan of the drills

Drill set
150M -first 25 butterfly, middle 100 free, last 25 butterfly
100M -first 25 butterfly, middle 50 free, last 25 butterfly
50M- butterfly
150M -first 25 back, middle 100 free, last 25 back
100M -first 25 back, middle 50 free, last 25 back
50M- back
150M -first 25 breast, middle 100 free, last 25 breast
100M -first 25 breast, middle 50 free, last 25 breast
50M- breast
150M -first 25 free fast middle 100 free, last 25 free fast
50M free
Now to put my swimming in perspective the fast lanes repeated this 4 times while my lane did it once! so don't be discouraged just get off the computer and move for an hour 4 times a week and watch how your energy improves:) (I am preaching to myself here) so now to stick to the diet as that accounts for 80% of the change you will see in your body. Helpful hints: limit your carb eating to lunch if you must, eat veggies and protein only for dinner, keep your metabolism up by snacking on fruits and veggies throughout the day and WATER drink lots of it ideally you should drink one ounce for every pound you weigh! or as my coach in college said if you don't pee every hour your not drinking enough.

2 comments:

iGameDDa. said...

hii nice blog
her is my blog
www.igamedda.blogspot.com

iGameDDa. said...

thnx