Friday, October 10, 2008

life update

i have not had the chance to blog recently due primarily to a lack of internet access. so i will attempt to catch you all up to speed. first i am currently at my sisters house watching my 3year old niece while my sister and her husband took my newborn niece to emergency. alot has happened since my last entry. pray for them. the baby has a cold and is having difficulty breathing, so pray that the cold goes away and she is able to breath.

my last entry i was preparing to paint, well after a few minor incidents and a really long weekend of painting the house looks good. thanks to all who helped. it was difficult for me to complete it, but it feels good too. the wasp stings didn't feel good, but checking this item off the list did feel good. a good friend of mine pointed out that i probably don't like finishing projects b/c i really don't want to feel at home. that is probably true. more so however it is that working on the house is pretty much the only memory i have at the house b/c that is all we did, so working by myself is hard and reminds me of how alone i am. but on a happier note the monday after we painted my sister went into labor and i now have a new little, at birth 8lbs 14oz, niece. so i have been spending my few free nights keeping ava busy and trying to let my sister sleep. for all you want to be moms, i suggest spending a week or so with a new mom before rushing in to the baby thing. there is a reason moms are kind of crazy.... so it is friday, well actually saturday now, and sunday is my first triathalon. i am really excited/nervous only because i have never done anything like this. however all the latest grief emails suggest excersize, trying new things, and eating healthy. all of which relate to this adventure. i am nervous about the swim only b/c the surf should be kind of big due to storms, which may help me b/c most triathaletes are not swimmers, so astrid you could totally join me, so hopefully i can get out fast through the surf and be near the front to start the bike which will be the slowest leg for me as i am not a biker and have trained very little for. then the run which i am fine with i just have not trained for speed i have been focused on my endurance b/c after the accident i couldn't walk five steps without being tired so now i can run be it slow, for over an hour with little problem, so three miles is not that far only trying to do it fast after the swim and bike make it a little more interesting but that is the joy of it. i'll let you know how it goes. pray that i get sleep between now and then, i am spending late nights at my sisters and getting up early for work and swimming, and when i am not at my sisters i still am up late with my thoughts, so pray for rest.

1 comment:

leililan said...

you did it!!! yay!!!