Sunday, September 21, 2008

perks of the small house

This weekend I spent most of the two days preparing my house to be painted this comming weekend. I am so glad that I live in a tiny little house, I couldn't imagine doing all this to anything larger! So as of Sunday night the house is cleaned (I got rid of all the dust, dirt, and small animal homes) on the outside, I patched all the areas I could reach safely, and the windows are taped and sanded and ready to be primed. So Thurs. the priming will begin followed by a second coat to the wood parts on Fri. I think then Saturday we will be able to get the color part onto to the house and it be done!! There are a few other jobs on my wish list to, we will see if they get done. (molding around the window inside and out, hang mailbox & house #, finish the base boards in the kitchen, knock out the shelves in the laundry area and put new usable ones up, move furniture to the attick, place ply wood down in the attic so furniture doesn't fall through, hand mirror in the bathroom, fix light fixtures in hallway, laundry, and bathroom, plant plants I bought durring VBS week, dig trench for roses along wood fence) What a dream list!! Thank you for all of you are able to help. As you can see I really need help (in more ways than one).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You mean you my actually get a mailbox that doesn't live on the ground? The mailman won't know what to do! I'm gonna make sure that one happens even if I have to drill the holes myself!! :)

amy said...

Maybe I'll leave that job for you! I know how you Baldwin girls love power tools!!