Sunday, December 14, 2008

It's Christmas time

I got to thinking today about Christmas(it is about time seeing it is less than 2 weeks away) and I wondered why I have not decorated or shopped or even thought about it. Perhaps it is because it is so different from past Christmases, Mike & I spent part every Christmas from 2002-2005 with Grandpa and Grandma Crawford while she was alive, and that won't happen agian. or perhaps its because it doesn't really matter. Mike did not like Christmas- he thought everyone was so fake. Putting on happy faces talking with people you wouldn't normally, and being happy when the other 11 months you weren't. I guess over the last two years I have come to see his point. I used to love Christmas-love baking, decorating, singing, giving gifts, eating my baking.....but I always was stressed. I wanted everything to be perfect. and for what. The purpose (if there is one) to Christmas is to remember Christ's birth. But we should do that every day. He came to die, that through death He might grant us eternal life. If we can't be joyful over that fact all year, than why at Christmas. So as I approach Christmas this year, I have minimal decorations (I have to decorate I love it too much) and I will be baking with my mom this saturday. But because it fun, and it is a chance to spend time with my mom (we don't do that very much) not because I have to. It is a chance for me to share some joy to neighbors through yummy cookies, but also with cards that should talk about the savior. So during this holiday season don't stress but do share joy, the joy you should be sharing all year round. and come over and enjoy some cookies (I'm not supposed to eat them) Give the gift of Christ through a smile or a hug to someone and remind them that its not about the lights and gifts but about THE LIGHT and the perfect gift...Christ.

No comments: