Tuesday, December 23, 2008

small joys

Yesterday I had my 5 very cute nieces over to bake & decorate sugar cookies (well 4 baked and Lana looked on). I love to bake and I thought it might be something I could share. They seemed to have so much fun, adding ingredients and watching the mixer go around & around. Then rolling out the dough (like playdough) and cutting out various shapes...so fun. The best was when they frosted the cookies. At least 4inches thick on each small cookie topped with an entire bottle of sprinkles! my dogs are loving picking up the left overs!! It was a joyful thing. They have no fear, no sadness, they are just happy with life. It was contageous!



Meghan asked me an interesting question "does uncle Mike know God?" "Yes" I said, "He knows God and because He loved Jesus He is living with God right now. Isn't he lucky!" She smiled and went back to watching the Little Mermaid.



It made me so grateful. Mike prayed for these girls since before they were born. Praying that one day God would draw them unto Himself, I am so glad that at such a young age they are asking such questions.



It made me smile! I can't ask for much more! Mike loved them so much and would be so proud of the way they are growing up! Im glad they still remember him.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you are there to keep loving them for Mike. You'll make more of an impact than you'll ever know. Praying for you!

Jodi Gardiner said...

Thank you for investing that time in the girls. I am so glad that they feel free to talk about Mike whenever the thoughts pop into their minds. He left an incredible legacy for our kids. We really miss him too!