Sunday, December 21, 2008

new view

Ok, so I appologize for the last entry, but I am going to leave it so that this one will make sense. I put in a CD that the Baldwins gave me.(love you guys) by the Getty family. I don't know the names of songs but here are the lyrics (there may be some errors)

When trials come no longer fear, for in the pain Our God draws near to find a faith worth more than gold and there His faithfulness is told

Within the night I know your peace, the breath of God brings strength to me and new each morning mercy flows as treasures of the darkness grow.

I turn to wisdom not my own, for every battle you have known, my confidence with rest in you, your love endures your ways are good.

When I am weary with the cost I see the triumph of the cross so in its shadow I shall run till He completes the work begun.

One day all things will be made knew, I’ll see the hope you’ve called me to, and in your kingdom paved with gold, I’ll praise your faithfulness of old.

I felt so convicted. In my pain God draws near (see verse one) and it is to refine me to make me better it just doesn't feel good. But I need to realize verse two-that he give peace and treasure will grow some already have from this darkness. How do I do this, verse 3 I turn to wisdom not my own-open your bible amy - his word is still true even when I can't see how it is in this situation he has a plan and his ways are good. so verse 4-Im tired I need to look to the cross and run there, not away from emotions or events but to the cross and all that was accomplished there for me and it is not up to me when this refining will be over he will complete what he has started in me I just don't exactly know what that is right now. But I can be happy b/c last verse-one day all things will be made knew and I will see the HOPE He called me to and then I will sing of His faithfulness- how great is our God that He is loving, faithful, and has a plan and doesn't change it based on me and my emotional status. Yes this hurts but there will be good even if I don't see it until I walk on the streets of gold. May I remain faithful and focused on the cross and not on me.

The next song is In Christ Alone. I wont write the lyrics but you should sing it. It should be a Christmas song (verse 2) That is why we have Christmas. May my hope be found only in Christ. I have hope!!! it just hurts at the moment.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hurting and grief aren't bad things. they lead you to the cross. i'm encouraged by you. after i just ranted about my week I come here and see what you are going through and i wonder what my problem is. thanks for pointing me to the One who gives hope..