Tuesday, December 2, 2008

a life worth living

I leave tomorrow for VA to go to grandpa's funeral. I'm not sure how I am feeling about anything. Yesterday I looked at a picture with Mike, grandma, and grandpa. It was taken Christmas 2005 only two years ago, everyone is laughing due to comments that were being made at the time it is a great pic. But it occured to me that not one of them is here to smile with me anymore. It was a reality check (you would think I wouldn't need these anymore) to how short life is. (Even though there are days that seem like an eternity) We are a vapor. Grace asked a question the other day along the lines of are we living for something worth dying for. Paul said "to live Christ, to die gain" are we living that way. The only thing worth living and dying for is Christ. So pray for boldness to share with so many who are without Christ, for they are a vapor too. May I take every opportunity and step way out of my comfort zone!!

2 comments:

Grace B. said...

I'm praying for you as you go back for the funeral Amy. We serve a God that blesses our life and who is worth sacrificing that life for! He will be with you!

Anonymous said...

Praying that God gives you boldness to open your mouth, and proclaim Jesus Christ and Him crucified sister.

Gabe